What is PAFSS?
PAFSS stands for Pneumatically Actuated Fire Suppression System. These systems are designed specifically to protect electrical enclosures are are certified to Loss Prevention Standard LPS 1666.
How does it work?
PAFSS systems comprise of a cylinder of clean agent extinguishant that is either fixed to the wall or external surface of the electrical enclosure. A detection tube is connected to the valve of the cylinder and runs through the area to be protected and is sited in close proximity to risk areas where fires are most likely to start. In the unfortunate event that t fire starts the detection tube will be melted by the flame which then releases the clean agent directly onto the site of the fire. As the extinguishant continues to be released the extinguishant will fill the enclosure suppressing any other fire that may be present.
- Simple to install and maintain.
- Fast automatic actuation.
- Linear heat and flame detection allowing for an unlimited number of detection points.
- Highly reliable detection tube which remains unaffected by dirt, debris and oil.
- Flexible detection tubing can be located adjacent to the identified risk areas, providing fast effective detection.
- Requires no power supply for detection or actuation, remaining operational during power interuptions.
- Superbly engineered specialist valves and pressure vessels containing clean agent extinguishant.